Friday, May 4, 2012

Slacking

Sorry I have been slacking this week!  I don't have a good excuse either.

I taught both of my first year classes all this week.  We are learning ratio and proportion, which the kids are finding pretty easy, only a couple stragglers.  That's one of those hard things about teaching - some of the kids think it's too easy and some think it's hard.  The challenge?  Giving the kids the same amount of work that is at the level they are at - a very difficult thing to do in math day to day while remaining fair.  For the week I have been giving the fast kids a magic square to figure out - and they have really surprised me with how good they are at problem solving!  The slower kids have unfortunately had to finish their classwork for homework because that's the only way I can think of to ensure all the students are doing the same amount of work.  I also continued to teach my second year class - we have moved onto wages & salaries and I will be teaching that for the next 2 weeks.

Today was a half day! Yay for Fridays!  Since it was rugby tournament day for the first years, I decided to go watch that instead of sitting around planning lessons (especially since I have next week planned).  It was touch rugby and they are young, so it wasn't too official.  But they did have "coaches" that were college/professional rugby players.  How cool is that?

After school I got some food down by the Firth of Forth.  Had some curly fries... that seemed weird to me.  Then I went to the Royal Botanic Garden!  Not the prettiest time of the year to go, but the glass houses (the part you have to pay a "wee bit" for) were absolutely beautiful - and warm!
This weekend?  Loch Ness, Inverness, Isle of Skye, & Glencoe!  Expect an overload of pictures if we are facebook friends and a long blog on Monday (possibly Tuesday).  No school Monday because it's May Day of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment