Saturday, May 19, 2012

London, my new love

Today was a-maz-ing. I got into London at 6:45am from my coach bus. Sitting in a bus that long and trying to sleep is difficult, but it wasn't too bad. When I got in I went straight to my hostel. I changed my clothes and such and I got rid of my suitcase. My hostel is above a bar. How wild is that? Then I headed for Victoria station and bought a day ticket for the tube. I went to King's Cross station so I could get a Platform 9 3/4 picture. Success!

Then I got back on the tube and went to Trafalgar Square! This is where the Harry Potter premiere was. I know because I watched the live feed online last summer. Amazing. In the same place as all those wonderful celebs who hold a dear place in my heart. I'm lame but I know lots of you understand where I'm coming from.

Then I started walking onto my next destination: The British Museum. On my way I bought a ticket to see Jersey Boys at 3:00 today. Only £20... Not too shabby. Alright so the museum was the most incredible thing I've ever seen. The Egypt pats were by far the most astounding but the Greece parts were a close second. I spent the first 20 minutes in complete awe. Jaw dropping. And its free! Can't get better than that. I spent about 3 hours in there. Could have slowed down a bit but I was worried about making it to my show on time. Had a great lunch at a diner where I typed all this up until now :)
Rosetta Stone

Jersey Boys was great! The theatre reminded me of The Fox in St. Louis. I sat on the side sort of but it wasn't too bad. I realized I like a lot of songs by The Four Seasons so if anyone could lend those to me that would be great. After the musical I took a walk and a tube ride and walked over millennium bridge. I went to Tate Modern but that was a mistake. I do not understand modern art for the life of me. And they had way too many exhibits you had to pay for - a lot of money too. So no thanks. Then I came back to my hostel. I am in the middle of a three tiered bunk bed. I guess it will have to do for 2 nights.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are alive and well. Just curious, do hostels have lockers for everyone? Be safe

    ReplyDelete