Saturday, May 12, 2012

Graduation Day + Inchcolm Abbey

Well folks, today is my graduation day.  Technically, just commencement because the graduation list will be finalized June 1 (my last day here).  I know that loads of people could care less about going to their graduation ceremony, but I'm not one of those people.  I was looking forward to having photo shoots with all my friends that I've met over the past four years.  It makes me really sad that I may not see some of them again (so if you want an invite to my grad party, let me know!).

The past four years have led to an undergraduate degree of Bachelor of Science in Education High School with a major in Mathematics Education.  I am graduating Cum Laude (soooo close to the next step) through the Jane Stephens Honors Program, with participation in Omicron Delta Kappa and Phi Eta Sigma.  I worked my butt off to get there.  I was invited to the honors breakfast with President Ken Dobbins too.  This is why I wanted to go to my commencement ceremony.

I will just have to settle for getting my diploma and other certificates in the mail.  To take my mind off things, my flatmate and her boyfriend took me to Inchcolm Abbey.  We took the train to Queensferry then bought our tickets for the boat to Inchcolm.  We stopped at a wee cafe and had a snack - I got a banoffee pie (banana toffee)... fab-u-lous!  I need to figure out how to make that at home.  Anyway, we got on the boat that took us to the island and guess what we saw on the way?  SEALS!  How cool is that?  I have never seen a seal in the wild!
After obsessing over the seals we got to Inchcolm!  The abbey is beautiful.  Nothing too different from some of the castle ruins I have seen, but I really enjoyed it.  I think I will just post a few pictures and call that quits for the day.


1 comment:

  1. I wish you were here as well, but you are having the experience of a lifetime. We will get some photos of you with all your cords when you return. Enjoy the last three weeks. Love ya and miss ya.

    ReplyDelete