Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Teaching - Week 4

This week I started teaching the third years.  I actually really enjoy them because they are more mature than my first and second year students.  Unfortunately due to not having school on Monday and they only have half a period on Wednesday, I only had 1.5 class periods with them.  My other classes are going well.  Second years had to take tests this week, so I had my students that were present do thinking/math games to improve their logical thinking and reasoning skills.

Today I made a big uh-oh... I slept through my alarm.  I have a cold right now so I think that affected my brain because I remember hearing an alarm far away and looking at my clock and seeing 4:30am, but that must have been a dream.  Anyway, when I woke up at 8:24 I immediately e-mailed my cooperating teacher and he was very understanding about it.  Luckily I didn't have a class first hour, so I made it in plenty of time for my class.  Embarassing though.  I'm just glad the faculty at Trinity are very very nice.  Even those outside of the maths department have been welcoming.  I am lucky to have been placed at such a great school.

1 comment:

  1. Like that never happened to all of us. After awhile of waking up at the same time everyday, you will wake up and look at your alarm clock 5 minutes before it goes off! Uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete