Sunday, May 20, 2012

Marvelous Museums

It's amazing how closely I am sticking to my original plan. I went to the Natural History Museum first. It was incredible (and free). I started in the volcano section which actually made me quite sad because of all the deaths they cause. Shout out to my friend Kevin for surviving one! Other natural disasters, how life began, ...and dinosaurs! I loved that. Lots and lots of fossils. It made me really want to have a Jurassic Park, Land Before Time, and Night at the Museum marathon. Ben Stiller would have had his hands full at that museum! They also had a part with mammals. The giant whale was really cool! Alright so that was about a 3.5 hour museum trip.

Then I headed next door to the Science Museum. Maybe not my best idea because I'm sure I was too tired to get the most out of it. They had all sorts of American space stuff. Why are we giving this stuff to England? I really enjoyed it but it seemed weird they had a bunch of our stuff. I went on a short 4D ride to the moon and back. Only money I spent on the museum tho besides food. The museum also had a lot of planes, trains, and automobiles (yes, I did that on purpose). There were a lot of computer activities so I wasted lots of time there. I basically skipped the fun hands-on stuff because I was running out of time and much of it was like the St. Louis Science Center. I did make it to the awesome math exhibit before the museum closed. As a math nerd, it was pretty great. Wish I could have went during my time at SEMO - it would have given me inspiration and help with my math papers and presentations. So then at like 6 or whatever time it was, the museum kicked everybody out. So thats my story of how I spent 8 hours at 2 museums.

I took the tube back. But I lost my day ticket so I had to spend an extra £4.30 on a one way ticket. That sucked. Decided I would go straight back to my hostel/bar since my feet are in absolute pain and I'm wiped out from my day.

Harry Potter tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment