Monday, April 30, 2012

Just Another Monday

Before I get to today...
Yesterday I woke up sore!  Did not feel like going anywhere so I took a lazy day.

Today I taught my second year students.  It was the first lesson I taught in Scotland that was something I had taught in Waterloo.  So that made it a bit easier.  Having students draw tangent lines to a circle is difficult because you have to walk them through how to use a protractor, compass, and ruler.  Okay, you don't have to teach them how to use a ruler, but they always forget how to use a protractor!  My Scottish students are much better at using compasses than my Waterloo students, though.  And most of you have no idea what the heck I'm talking about... but this is a blog about my student teaching math experience -- you should expect this.  I also gave them a problem solving activity to do, which was funny because none of them got it.  But I think if I give them 10 more minutes tomorrow I will get a few people with the answer.  How bout you try it? http://www.mathsisfun.com/logic_puzzle2.html

Rest of day went well.  The weather is absolutely "mental".  Cold and wet - yuck!  I did have a lovely surprise waiting for me when I got back - another job interview!  So I have that in about an hour and a half and hopefully I can pull it off!  I'd really like a job - I should stop saying that, it's probably getting old.  Apologies.

Best thing about my day?  I just booked another tour for the weekend.  I don't have school Monday so 3 day tour it is!  I will be going to Loch Ness, Inverness, and the Isle of Skye with MacBackpackers.  Check it out: http://macbackpackers.com/index.php/tour/3_day_loch_ness_and_skye/more

No comments:

Post a Comment