Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 2 (for lack of a better title)

My second day went pretty well. I met the rest of my classes. I have 3 pretty good classes and 3 that seem very lazy. The teachers are pretty great overall. One seems to be a bit strict and another has trouble controlling his classroom. I don't think I have ever heard a person say "shh" so many times! I think I will have to enforce my own rules and expectations when I go to teach them.

So funny things the kids asked me or said today:
"You look like you're from here." :)
"Have you been to a Snoop Dogg concert?"
"Do you have a swimming pool?" (they think everyone has a pool and it makes me feel very stereotyped that I do)
"Do you own a gun?" (another stereotype)
And of course they're all trying to find me on Facebook.

Something strange about the UK (or at least Scotland)... People don't typically keep their dogs on a leash. The dogs just roam freely. I always try to figure out if the dog has an owner or if it's just a stray. Sometimes it's hard to tell because the dogs will be so far behind or ahead of their owner. Random observation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment