Monday, April 23, 2012

First lesson

I taught my first lesson today. Graphing linear functions. It was just a review from what they were taught last Wednesday but they improved greatly. I saw a lot of my favorite teaching moment: that lightbulb that goes off and the students say "ooh I get it". That always makes me feel good. Plus a couple girls told me that I taught them better in 10 minutes than they usually learn in 2 weeks. I am going to give their teacher the benefit of the doubt and assume that's a huge exaggeration. It still felt good to hear, though. After class my cooperating teacher told me I did an excellent job.

Not bad for my first day, huh? :)

5 comments:

  1. Maybe your "accent" has them hanging on to every word you say. Glad it went well. Don't let them love you so much they offer you a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kristy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lost me at graphing linear functions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....so then I googled linear functions....and now I so get it and reaffirmed why I majored in Mass Conmmunications!

    ReplyDelete