Monday, April 9, 2012

St. Andrew's

Today we met with my flatmate, Clare.  I dropped off a bag, and she took the family on a walk through the park to the school I'll be teaching at - it's about a 25-30 minute walk.  I will be walking or riding the bus each day.

After that, we went on a day trip to St. Andrew's.  It's a very old university and my dad is madly in love with the golf course.  I suppose I will post a picture of the 18th hole for all you golf lovers.
Then we explored the streets for a bit.  My favorite part, though was walking around the old cathedral.  There, we could see the remains of the castle and the gorgeous view of the shore.  Not a whole lot to say, but pictures say 1000 words...


2 comments:

  1. YOU sitting on the hill is my screensaver at my work desk! ;-) Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a tee time at St. Andrews once but we ended up drinking coffeee then beer watching it rain 5 inches that day. Drove back to Edinburgh over the Firth of Fourth bridge without playing. Course didn't close though! Scots are a hearty bunch.

    Uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete