Saturday, April 21, 2012

Epic Fail + Our Dynamic Earth

So first off, I slept in today!  Woo!  Then I got round 2 of laundry started, but when I realized I needed to catch a bus soon I had to stop it... and 6 hours later I started it from the beginning.  Alright so the bus... I couldn't figure out which one to get on because there are like 5 bus stops on my street that all pick up bus 36.  So after chasing one bus (that would have been perfect to get on), I wait 15 minutes to get on a bus that took me to Ocean Terminal.  I thought that would be okay since it was going to Scottish Parliament afterwards, but that was a bad plan.  I ended up going to Ocean Terminal and looping back to where I started... so 1.5 hours later I reached my destination.  Then after going down the street the wrong way, I turned around and finally found Our Dynamic Earth.  Edinburgh is confusing! 

Anyway, so Our Dynamic Earth was great.  It was the perfect thing for me to do by myself since it allowed me to take my time to read all the signs and move at my own pace.  It's an exhibit that starts from the beginning of Earth until today, talking about the way the earth has changed, how animals changed, etc.  I would highly recommend it for science nerds and children seemed to enjoy it as well.  There was a 4D "ride" and a dome show included in my student ticket price of less than 10 pounds.  I would say it was worth the price, plus it was the perfect thing to do on a rainy day.



After the tour I walked until I found a good place to eat.  I stumbled across No. 1 High Street and got some fish and chips and a cider.  How British of me!  After dinner, I decided I would use my map and walk back to my place until I found the 36 bus.  But I never found the bus on my route.  It actually ended up being a nice walk - the weather wasn't too bad and I got to see some beautiful architecture.  Plus, this helped me see what was down the road from my place.  And much faster than my bus ride!

For the rest of the night I will stay in.  I'm tired and I need to save some money.  Maybe I should go to a local church tomorrow or do something touristy.  I also have to plan for my lesson!  But that shouldn't be too hard because the students have already learned it and they will spend most of the time working on problems individually/with a partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment